Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Jesus Loves Me, This I Know...

I just watched a video made by a fifteen-year-old girl in Alabama, Ava Lowery. Apparently, there are some 70 of these on her site, Peace Takes Courage, and for these she has received death threats--been told she should be murdered, raped while her corpse rots in the sun. Cowards are actually saying these things; threatening a fifteen-year-old girl.

I have never--not EVER, not ONCE--cried after watching any movie or video. But I openly wept after watching this. I showed it to my wife, then retreated into the kitchen, grabbed a cigarette and my beer, and sobbed as quietly as I could without alerting her. I cried watching it the first time, and if you're any kind of decent human being, you will too--soldier or not.

If you're reading this, drop what you're doing and go. Now. Watch the video--all of it. And pass it along to your friends.

May God forgive us.

2 Comments:

Blogger K. Eason said...

Wow. Powerful stuff. One of the beautiful things about Christianity, so often lost in this modern age, is that message of peace at all costs to oneself -- that there is never, even when the soldiers come to take you to your own execution, an excuse for violence.

And I'm really not sure what the hell is going on in this country, that we have people saying things like 'I want to rape your corpse while you rot in the sun' to anyone.

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you need to view this in a different light also- you as a soldier are the peacemaker- you will go to the sandbox in order to stop the murder of innocents, halt
the evil that causes this suffering-you are noble

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home