Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Day for Celebration

Over the last few days, I received a message from an old friend. This friend--my namesake--and I have not spoken in nearly four years, and up until now I had not expected us to ever speak again. There was too much bad blood between us.

This person, it turns out, has been reading my work. For starters, I cannot apologize enough for subjecting her to my prosaic tripe, but more importantly, it pleases me to say that we have, at long last, re-established communications civilly. Old grudges have been forgotten, and sins of which I had never completely forgiven myself have been absolved. The circle has closed, and the sorrows and guilts of many years have at last been washed away. It pleases me that she and I can meet again as friends.

So to this person I say: Thank you. I hope that we will remain in touch, and I thank you for taking the chance to contact me. It is my sincere hope that your goodwill be not wasted between us. Thank you again for reaching out, and thank you for your blessings.

You know who you are.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awww

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stuff seems to happen to me all of the time. I've went 4+ years without seeing some of my best friends face to face. When I did again, it was like I had seen them the day before. So, glad you and buddy made amends. To paraphrase Roger Murtaugh, you get to old for that shit.

7:57 PM  
Blogger essa said...

Good for you Milo. I'll wait for the day when I can let go of deep afflictions I hold.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice to know you two have finally worked through things. i know how bitter you were afterwards, and i'm glad you were able to put that behind you... but did you ever get those questions answered?

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home