Tuesday, October 17, 2006

No Bodhisattvas in Foxholes

Yesterday, I found an empty tent next to the one where I've been living.

I took a laundry bag for a prayer mat, and for an hour I sat, legs folded,
hands clasped in my lap, meditating in the Zen tradition.

I chanted from the Sutras and, kneeling, bowed three times with my weapon,
holding it ejection-port up as I prostrated myself toward that part of the
Universe we call "Buddha Nature."

I prayed for clarity and peace of mind.

By no means a proper zazen ceremony, but a warrior's prayer ceremony
nonetheless

I leave soon. I have a long few weeks ahead of me. I don't know when I'll
post next.

Milo

_________________________________________________________________
Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from
Microsoft Office Live
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Milo. Please come home safe to everyone!! God Bless You. Vanessa's matt is coming home early. We are so excited. I hope you just stay safe.

8:13 PM  
Blogger ... said...

Be careful. Keep your head down and your eyes and ears open. Come back alive, please.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Milo:
Prayer is very good...it will give you power, confidence and the ability to see...I mean really see things as they are...you might want to continue...you know spending a few moments. It has supported me through my own personal wars and I actually have won some battles. This is yours...you will find what you need to; and learn what will be important forever. You are our warrior and our shaman. Remember that...you can not go wrong and you are returning...and there is more for your future than you can even imagine; but you can dream Milo...forsure you can dream

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Milo:
In case you don't know...there are so many here for you...and like at least 270 football fields full of people who are behind you...it's not about anything else but who you are...and what you are doing for us...and how you are treating others ;-) what you are living and who you are being. We are so proud.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, Milo. Hope you will have time for writing when you get "there." Come home safely.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milo,

It's good to read your stuff...to know that there is such a warrior for the human spirit to connect to the divine. I don't know you, but can tell you, you are loved, supported, and held in high regard by one soul who takes to heart your words. Peace
j

11:06 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Milo - It's good to see your words. Be safe, J.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. Stay safe.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your support of my son -it will surely help him as I know it sure is helping me with my concerns- each entry of his is a blessing for me.

THANK YOU AGAIN WITH ALL MY HEART
AND GOD BLESS

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home