Friday, August 11, 2006

Long Week

My posting is becoming less frequent, and I feel badly about that. Still, it's been a looooong week. I spent most of it "in the field," which should say about enough on that subject, really. For those, however, who wish for further clarification, let me explain:

Ruck march... 80-some pound combat load. 20-odd pound body armor. 7-pound M-16. Convoy exercises. Simulated firefights. 20+ hour workdays.

'Nuff said? Good. I thought so. Also, my Internet shit out. The person I was scamming wireless from must have moved. Oh well. Sucks to be me.

Upside, though? I just booked a flight home. Going to be returning to the States for a few weeks later this month. Get to see my family for a time before I ship out for Iraq. This makes me happy, but there's too much heavy stuff there to cover in this post. I promise I'll have something a little more substantive for hungry readers over the next few days. Meanwhile, keep hope alive. I'll catch y'all bitches at tha crossroads. For rill.

7 Comments:

Blogger noncommon said...

i'm glad you're getting to head home for awhile. my brother is headed back in about 12 days - in theory.
then he's either headed back to Guam or back to Iraq (shhhhhh, don't tell dad)
anyway, have a great trip!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Back in the states soon. Too bad I'm nowhere remotly near the state you'll be in...

7:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ask your girly to give you a massage cause you carry such a heavy load of stuff

8:23 PM  
Blogger K. Eason said...

Go soak in a hot bath. Vegetate. We'll be around when you've re-established speaking terms with your body.

Glad you're getting time to come home and visit, too. Say hi to the lakes for me.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweety- this is your mom
when
where
what time
how long

can't wait- luv you

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well man, have fun! Leave is great!

4:34 AM  
Blogger essa said...

Good... block leave is fun fun. My hubby went back August 5. It's only for 4 more months, but it feels like he's been gone a year already. It's harder to say goodbye the second time. Lonely nights, and TV dinners are all that awaits me. Well, have fun being out of the field.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home